Workforce Prospective Articles
Welcome to the Arizona Workforce Prospective. This is a collection of short stories and articles focused on a variety of workforce related topics effecting today’s businesses. Some of the topics of these stories include: Human Resources, Business Development, Funding, Marketing and Social Media.
New stories are added frequently. We suggest you subscribe to our RSS to help keep you up to date as to when new stories are posted.
Winston Churchill once said "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." How is the attitude at your business these days - bright and optimistic, or dragging and dull?
In these tough economic times, it's important to keep people motivated. Not only can a good attitude increase overall productivity, but it can decrease employee turnover and give a group a collective sense of purpose.
But you don't have to break the bank to improve morale. Here are a few cost-effective ways to boost your team spirit:
- Perk up your surroundings. A new coat of paint is an inexpensive way to brighten an office. In addition to impressing your customers, a nice-looking workplace can have a huge impact on employee satisfaction.
- Recognize both large and small accomplishments. (After all, being appreciated is a basic human need.) Consider an employee-of-the month program that includes a free lunch or dinner for the lucky winner.
- Perform community service together. If your team can bond outside of the workplace, they'll work better from 9 to 5. Consider volunteering at a shelter for a day, or having a food drive. Ask your employees for ideas - some may have favorite charities.
- Bend the schedule a bit. By giving your staff a free pass to leave early a few Fridays each year, you can reap the rewards of higher productivity.
- Skip the cliches. Nobody really wants to wear a Hawaiian shirt to work!
For more ideas about raising team spirits, visit the following links:
- How to Motivate Workers in Tough Times (Wall Street Journal)
- How to Begin an Employee Recognition Award Program (wikiHow)
- Cheap Ways to Motivate Your Team (Entrepreneur Magazine)
- How to Create a Friendly Workplace Environment (eHow)